How to Install MS SQL Server
SQL Server is a relational database management system (RDBMS) that enables users to store and retrieve data.
In this article, we are going to install MS SQL Server step by step as follows:
1. Download the SQL Server installation file from the link.
2. Double-click on the setup program to start the installation process.
3. Choose the installation type: You’ll be prompted to select the installation type. There are three types of installations.
a. Media: The media file allows you to install SQL Server later or whenever you need.
b. Custom: The custom installation allows you to choose which features to install.
c. Basic: The Basic installation installs the most commonly used features.
4. Select ISO option and location then click on Download Button.
5. Choose Media file and then Double click on iso media file.
6. Double click on ISO file.
7. Double Click on setup file.
8. Select the “New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation” option.
9. Specify the edition.
10. Accept the license terms and click “Next”.
11. Uncheck if we do have not the Azure Extension for SQL Server and click on “Next”.
12. Choose the features you want to install. For a typical installation, you should choose the “Database Engine Services” option after the operation is completed.
13. Choose the instance name and configure the instance and click on “Next”.
14. Set up the Database Engine Configuration and click on “Next”.
15. Click “Install” and wait for the installation to complete.
Now, the Installation is complete.
In conclusion, installing Microsoft SQL Server is a straightforward process that can be completed with a few simple steps. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can quickly and easily set up the application and start managing your databases.
Now, we also required SQL Server Management Studio to interact with SQL Server. It is a graphical user interface (GUI) used to manage SQL Server instances. To install SSMS please follow the next article